Marriage is God’s gift by which man and woman come together in love and in joy, for mutual support and for raising of a family. It is the bedrock of human society. Marriage in church is regulated by civil and church law through the Marriage Measure 2008.
How much does it cost?
A total of £635 that includes the charge for flowers and the services of the Organist. A deposit of £50 is payable at the time the wedding is arranged; the balance of £585 is payable a week before the wedding.
- Banns of Marriage?
(where the wedding takes place elsewhere). A fee of £34 which includes publication and Certificate.
What preparation is required?
Preparation is required before marriage and this includes the contents of the service itself and a full rehearsal.
Can I marry at St Francis?
Yes if you meet one or more of the following conditions. If one of you:
• Lives in the Parish
• Is a regular attender of the services
• Was baptised at St Francis
• Has been confirmed and prepared for confirmation in the parish.
• Has at any time lived in the parish for at least 6 months
• Has at any time regularly attended public worship in the parish for at least 6 months (regularly will be understood as at least once a month)
Are there any exceptions to these conditions?
Yes. In certain circumstances a Special Licence may be granted for couples who cannot attend the church on a regular basis.